Sew Colette 2

17 comments

Are you surprised to hear from me so soon? I know, I have been posting up a storm the last few days, but today I have an exciting announcement: Rochelle from Lucky Lucille, Sarah from Rhinestones and Telephones, and I are doing another sew-along! This one is going to be a bigger one, we're sewing through the Colette Patterns library. I know, at first it sounds like a lot to take on, but since it's bi monthly it will be a lot easier to fit into everyone's schedules. Plus, you can pick and choose which patterns you would like to sew along with.

The first pattern will be the recently released Hazel dress, but future patterns will be decided by you. Participants will vote on which patterns they would like to sew. The pattern with the most votes will be the next project.


I hope that you will join us in one, some, or all of the patterns. This sew-along is not just for experienced sewers. Remember, at the start of the last sew-along (Sew Colette) I had only sewn a handful of patterns. With the help of others in the online sewing community and using the Colette Sewing Handbook as a reference I was able to learn so much. I hope that you will consider joining us!

Thank you to Rochelle for making these buttons. Feel free to take one and add it to your blog.






Peony schedule
Week of October 1st: Sew-Along Kick-Off (Muslins, measurements, etc)
Week of October 8th: Fabulous Fit
Week of October 15th: It's All About Fabric!
Weeks of October 22nd - 31st: Be Our Guest
Week of November 5th: Peony Parade - upload your finished dress into the sew-along Flickr group!



Macaron Schedule
Week of August 1st:  Muslins!
Week of August 5th: Fit Tips and Techniques
Week of August 12th: Fabric, Fabric, Fabric!
Week of August 19th: Sewing Macaron and Guest Bloggers!
Week of  August 26th: More Guest Bloggers!
Week of September 2nd: Macaron Parade and Giveaways



 
The Hazel Schedule
Monday, June 4th: The Muslin
Monday, June 11th: Fit Techniques
Monday, June 18th: Fabulous Fabrics
Monday, June 25th: Sewing Hazel
Monday, July 9th: Hazel Parade
Monday, July 16th: My Hazel

17 comments :

  1. Aaaaaah, there's more! This is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Upon reflection, this is perfect, too--I was initially sort of thinking, "gosh, I'll have to hop in and out again because I don't necessarily love all the patterns," and then I realised: if there's one I'm not so into, I can substitute by catching up on the handbook patterns I missed during v1.0! GREAT. DEAL.

      Delete
    2. I'm so glad you are going to sew along! Are you going to do the Hazel?

      Delete
  2. Yay! What a great plan! Now, I've got to get thinking about fabric for Hazel...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! How exciting!! I totally LOOOOOOVE how ambitious this is, and you can count me in for the whole thing! Or at least as many as I have patterns for... which is most of it!! LOL... ok getting ahead of myself.... first things first, Hazel!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Symon, you are so awesome!!! I'm glad you are going to sew with us! xo

      Delete
  4. I have my eye on Lily, so I'm totally voting for Lily.
    And Violet. :)
    Time for me to get my sew along on!!
    I'm glad to see the fun never ends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! Maybe we can get together and work on this one together? I'll even come up north if you want!

      Delete
    2. That would be fun!! I'm due for a visit to SLO to see my sister, so I'll let you know when I make it down :)

      Delete
  5. Yippee!! Cannot wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh. This looks fun. I needed some inspiration to help prevent a case of the End of Me Made May Blues. Hazel is adorable. I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! Anything to help you out with your blues! :)

      Delete
  7. Heather NordquistJune 4, 2013 at 4:22 AM

    I just made a Hazel, but it has been too cold to wear it! I would love to make another one with you!

    ReplyDelete