Hazel fabrics

4 comments

Let's talk fabric! The back of the pattern envelope recommends using the following fabrics for the  Hazel dress : "crisp, light to medium weight fabrics such as seersucker, cotton pique, poplin, silk twill, dupioni, cotton lawn, double gauze, and light sateen." But say you are out shopping and there is a border print that you just love, well there is a pattern option for that too!

When you are choosing your fabric think about the look you want to achieve. Do you want to keep your fabric simple and jazz it up with embroidery, piping, add a colorful sash or a cute cardigan?

Do you want stripes to take the center stage? The different directions of the lines makes for a very eye catching look.

Colette Hazel's Naughty Little Sister aka Purple Haze'l

Remember to consider the placement of the fabric. Mela's version is stunning.

There are sooo many different fabric options and I can't wait to see what you all come up with!

P.S. Remember to go to my sidebar and vote for the pattern we will be sewing up in August! Stop by Sarah and Rochelle's blogs for two extra votes! Only a few more days before we announce the winning pattern.
_____________________________

The Hazel Schedule
Monday, June 4th: The Muslin
Monday, June 11th: Fit Techniques
Monday, June 18th: Fabulous Fabrics
Monday, June 25th: Sewing Hazel
Monday, July 9th: Hazel Parade

4 comments :

  1. Hey, I know that face! Thanks for mention!

    Now, when are we going to see that flamingo Hazel? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's me :-) thanks for the mention! This was going to be my muslin but I think I've 'hit the nail on the head' so to speak! Not as 'pretty' as others but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The striped one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you mean mine, click on my name as the photo is just a Flickr link. I cut the skirt front in two bias pieces to achieve this effect. Tricky but I was happy with the result!

      Delete