Announcement - Sew Colette

15 comments

Hello everyone! I am so excited to announce that Sarah from Rhinestones and Telephones and I are going to host a sew-along for the five patterns included in the new Colette Patterns book. When I first got the book I didn't know where to begin, I wanted to make all five patterns. Sarah was in the same boat! We decided to team up for a sew-along and make a project a month starting at the beginning of the book. We would love it if you followed along to one, some, or all of the patterns. Many thanks to Sarah for organizing this and to Sarai for making such an incredible book! 


Please don't think that you need to be an advanced sewer to follow along. I am fairly new to garment sewing, I can probably count the number of different patterns I have used on one hand! With Sarah's knowledge, Colette's wonderfully designed patterns, and step by step instructions, I think we can do it! Just think, at the end of May we will have five nice garments to wear :)


 

 


 

 

Feel free to post either of these buttons to your blog. 
_______________________________________________
Schedule for sewing the Meringue skirt designed by Colette Patterns.
_______________________________________________
Schedule for sewing the Pastille dress designed by Colette Patterns.
February 2nd: Sewing the muslin - using washers
February 6th-11th: Fitting techniques and making a croquis.
February 16th: Choosing fabric
_______________________________________________
Schedule for sewing the Truffle dress designed by Colette Patterns.
March 2nd: The Muslin
March 8th: Perfecting the Fit
March 29th: Truffle Parade
_______________________________________________
Schedule for sewing the Taffy shirt designed by Colette Patterns.
_______________________________________________
Schedule for sewing the Licorice dress designed by Colette Patterns.
May 7th: Muslin
May 14th: Fit and Fabric
May 21st: Guest post by Tabatha

May 23rd: Guest post by Jenny
May 25th: Guest post by Rochelle from Lucky Lucille
May 24th: The Final Countdown

May 30th: Licorice Parade
May 31th: My version of the dress
May 31st: Sew-Along Wrap Party

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask here or in the Sew Colette Flickr group.  Ready, set, sew!

15 comments :

  1. Oh, hooray! I just got my own copy of the Colette Sewing Handbook, and I resolved to sew through the five patterns in 2012, too. All I could wish for was some like-minded ladies to sew with me, and here y'all are fulfilling that wish!

    Thanks for hosting this, and best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in! What great idea! Not sure I can do all five but definitely the Licorice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining in! It's going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in, for some (or all) of the projects!

    Thanks for hosting the sew along. Looking forward to participating :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, co-hostess! :D You're absolutely right that the patterns in the handbook are suitable for all levels and we're definitely here to answer any of your questions!

    Can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in for all of the projects! Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sew-along! I'll try to join in for a few...I just got the book for my birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOh I like the sound of this too. I will join you for the ride too - & may not make all, but some. Cool timing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really looking forward to following your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! What a great idea. I won't be joining along but I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in! I can't wait to see how everyone does :) I literally just posted about my plans for a Meringue skirt and then saw this! Excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so happy that so many of you will be joining along. I can't wait to see all the different variation on the same patterns! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just realized y'all were doing this! I might join for a couple, as I plan to sew them all up, too. Meringue down, four to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there, how do i join your blog?
    tooikirk@gmail.com
    Catharina

    ReplyDelete