I completed my Taffy blouse today at 4:00 pm, talk about a procrastinator! In fact, I didn't even cut out my fabric until today. I made a muslin a couple of weeks ago and it was a nightmare because I used really slippery fabric and had trouble cutting it. My cuts were so far off that the shirt wouldn't even stay on my shoulders when I sewed it up. It was a depressing muslin, but I am so happy that my final shirt turned out well.
This was my first time sewing with silk and it was definitely a change and a challenge for me. I made sure to use spray stabilizer, a rotary cutter and pattern weights to cut out the fabric, a new needle, and sharp pins.
What I love about this sew along is that I am really getting out of my comfort zone and learning new things, like French seams. If you told me last year that I would be sewing French seams I would have asked if you were drunk! My sewing projects are far from perfect, but I am so happy to be learning.