Sol Hoodie

19 comments
Bleh, I have so many unblogged garments that it is ridiculous. If you follow me on Instagram, then you know this (I usually share my makes there first). It all makes me think about Rachel's post about social media killing blogs...

 Anyway, I have Jamie Christina's Sol Hoodie pattern to share with you today. I used this super soft sweatshirt knit paired with a little bit of this stretch canvas, both from Mood. While the fabrics were a dream to work with I'm not very happy with the finished product. The pattern instructions seemed clear and easy to follow, but I didn't care for how things were finished. Maybe I thought I understood the directions and didn't, but there are some raw edges that I hate. The leopard along the hood and the leopard on the inside of the zipper fray like crazy. I can finish the fabric along the zipper, but I'm not sure what I am going to do about the hood situation.

Once I get those problems figured out I will be very happy with the hoodie. The pattern fit right out of the package and I didn't have to make any alterations. I love the spots for the thumbs (see photo above), the fit (not too tight or too baggy), and the fact that no one else has a hoodie like me haha!

Look at me pretending to be a runner and stuff.

For my new sweater outing my husband and I went on a walk/jog with our pup on the Bob Jones trail in Avila Beach. It's a really pretty path made for bikers and runners that starts near the Buddhist temple and ends at the beach. Also, I didn't scare anyone with my makeup free face!


 Besides the chalk my sweater is looking fresh! On Instagram someone said it was "swaggy." I like that!

Do you have a favorite hoodie pattern?

19 comments :

  1. You look so sporty! I think the sweatshirt looks great. What a trail to be on, too, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaha, you're totally swaggy! I love the pink/leopard combo-- way cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the leopard details. A girl can never have too much leopard in her closet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swaggylicious ... That's so much fun . I'm not a hoody person , only wear them occasionally when I want to layer many clothes together...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I really must make a hoodie someday. Bummer about the fraying edges. Could you maybe sew some bias tape around the hood part?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude, you MADE A HOODIE! That's so amazing in itself it shouldn't matter that you're not completely happy with the finished product ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun with the contrast fabric! I made a camp Beverly hills sweatshirt in high school. The pattern even came with an iron on! Loved that thing, so easy with a serger!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh, I like this pattern! Looks great on, too - and the coral/orangey goes awesomely well with the hint of animal print. Stellar effort!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! Totally "swaggy" :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so funky. Despite the raw edges which of course I cannot see! Loving the mix of fabrics.
    I am with you on the unblogged garments - I have loads. I figured I'd just skip most of them and just do my new ones, no-one need ever know!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ally Design Rewind FashionsNovember 22, 2013 at 12:19 AM

    The leopard print is so fun! I like Vogue 9050. It is a vintage pattern that is a dress with a hood but I have to try making a hood like yours. Perfect timing for the colder weather!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so CUTE! (And Swaggy!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your sweater - I love this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE your combination of fabrics! Leopard trim for the win! And maybe you just need to make a second version to fix all those little things that bug you about this one, because, really, one can never have TOO many hoodies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great fabric mix!! I'd be wearing this all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it looks awesome! You amaze me with the fabric selection choices. I need you to give me a fabric lesson in Mood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love mine too, and I love that trim! I wore it home this past week, and my Dad (who bought the 35 dollars worth of ribbon) couldn't even argue that is looks fab.

    I've got some zebra print that I'm using on number two (and three, a gift). . . but that isn't on the docket until Jan or so.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that you made this!! I've had this pattern on my wish list for awhile but when it was first released it was pdf only (not sure if that's changed) and I shy away from that much printing, taping and cutting only cause I have to then trace the darn thing anyway LOL. Anyhooo, I love your version and you look super sassy! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete