How are all of you doing with your muslins? I'm not doing so well, BUT I know how to fix things, so that is a start. Here is where it all went wrong: I traced my pattern onto freezer paper and when cutting the fabric I assumed that the skirt back and bodice back were supposed to be cut on the fold. Wrong! I got to the part where I was supposed to insert the zipper and realized that I was a dumb dumb, but got over it and moved forward with sewing the bottom pleats.
I got bummed because I kept looking at the front of the book and noticing how well the dress fit the model, when I realized that I don't want my dress to fit exactly like that. Let's keep it real, I want a slightly looser fit so I can sit comfortably and do fun stuff like eat pizza and not feel like my dress is too tight afterwards :)