Fabric cutting extravaganza

7 comments
made by Bobbi Porter and photo is used with her permission

Do you remember this quilt block from my quilting class? I found the fabric I am going to use for it and I am so excited!


It will be very girly, but I'm making it for a baby girl, so it's perfect.

made by Bobbi Porter and photo is used with her permission

This is the second quilt I am making. Can you believe that she made this from the fabric pictured below???




The pink fabric (above) is what I chose for my project. Now that I look at it, I'm not sure if I am going to give it to Luke's sister, it doesn't have enough purple in it.



Thursday night I had a fabric cutting bonanza. Cutting the fabric for this quilt was a lot harder than others. I had to lay six identical pieces of fabric on top of one another, pin it, and cut precisely using a triangle ruler. Thank god I had a sharp rotary blade!


Since I cut through six identical layers I ended up with six identical pieces. I had some fun laying the pieces on my mat and seeing all the fun variations I could do with the blocks. Not sure if I am excited or stressed when it comes to sewing this up...

7 comments :

  1. WOW! This is going to be an amazing project! Can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god, I loved that quilt the first time and I can't WAIT to see how you make it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pink fabric is amazing! This looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am drooling over all the fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, they look so cool!! I'm impressed, can't wait to see what you do with them. the pink and red fabric is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my! The choices of fabrics are absolutely delicious, I wait anxiously to see more photos of the progress in this quilt.

    ReplyDelete