If you're broke raise your hand.

5 comments
I wanted to do some decorating with my bedroom, but I wasn't sure what I could afford to do. The cheapest, quickest, and easiest thing is making pillowcases. I made another trip to Quiltin Cousins to buy the fabric I was eyeing on Saturday. No, I'm not a stalker for going in two days in a row, I swear!

Right off the bat I ran into a problem. I either can't do math, can't cut properly, or shouldn't have bought directional fabric. Or maybe all of the above. Anyway, I didn't have enough fabric for both pillows! I ended up using some extra fabric from my stash to finish the back of the pillow. I cut out a cat from the pattern and decided to try using a stitch I had never used from my sewing machine. My "mistake" ended up being one of my favorite parts of my pillowcase!

Lebron was very busy helping me, as usual.

The end product! The cat fabric is Michael Miller and the contrast fabric is Moda. Now we are sleeping in style!

5 comments :

  1. Lovely. I haven't sewed a pillowcase yet, but it is on my to-do list. I want to do holiday-themed ones for the kids. Is that cheesy? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not cheesy at all!!! Halloween pillows would be sooo cute! Do you want the link for the pattern I used?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, please. I was telling my mom that your blog makes me want to sew more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://sew4home.com/projects/bed-linens/454-visions-of-sugarplums-christmas-pillowcases-

    The website is really cool! There are a ton of projects I want to make.

    ReplyDelete