About Me

7 comments

My name is Erin and I am a sewing and knitting addict.

How it all began
For Christmas 2009 my husband bought a sewing machine at my request. He was hesitant to buy it because he "wasn't sure if I would use it." Isn't that funny? Now, a few years later, I'm sewing up a storm and he is begging me to make him things. I still feel like a beginner in the sewing world, but feel lucky to "know" and learn from so many talented ladies on the world wide web.

I started knitting in April 2013 because I was told that it would help manage the stress and anxiety I was feeling. Little did I know, it would become one of my favorite things to do! Since then I can't seem to keep the knitting needles out of my hands and love learning new techniques and making things to wear.

Things I do when I'm not sewing or knitting
When I'm not at my machine I enjoy reading books, eating healthy foods or really fattening desserts, obsessing over Old Hollywood stars, learning about the 1920s and 1960s, and walking my dog on the beach in San Luis Obispo County. Even when I'm not sewing I can't help but daydream about my next project and I try and fit in a little fabric shopping when I can ;)

Do you have any questions for me?

xo Erin
April 2014

7 comments :

  1. I love that your sewing machine is your best friend!! Classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely to find you, Erin, and to read your little story. It's so inspiring to see how far you have come in such a short time. I look forward to your future posts. Jen x PS i am about to buy my first machine. Eeee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Erin, please to meet you. :) I'm glad to know i am not alone in feeling awkward in writing about myself or that i keep fantasizing about the projects i can have. I'm new to the sewing community which i am hoping to be able to make some friends. So i'll be sure to check back soon.

    Cheers,
    Ade (www.adesays.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imagine my surprise when I was reading your blog and seeing pictures of a familiar coastline. I grew up there in San Luis Obispo and get back there once or twice a year. Our daughter and parents still live there and as you know it's a hard place to stay away from. I've been shopping at Beverly's Fabric since I was in high school. It's gotten smaller but still worth a visit. Take care & keep writing/sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. abitofanenthusiastApril 29, 2014 at 7:59 AM

    Hello lovely! Just popped by to properly check out the changes to Let Blog- its fab! Louise x

    ReplyDelete